CategoryWebsites

A research insight improves website design

A

The quality of your Website design effects the number of visitors attracted to your site and whether they take action on the propositions available to them once there. A research study by The Poynter Institute, the Estlow Center for Journalism & New Media, and Eyetools found some interesting results in regard to homepage layout. Here is a quick summary of what they found. The eyes fixed...

How to develop your internet idea

H

The challenge for a web entrepreneur is essentially to do with scope and refinement. It is extremely attractive to leap into web development when you are excited about the potential of an idea. Usually I would say take that rare energy and excitement and full steam ahead, but in this case it is important to stop and make a few decisions before progressing any type of idea into development work...

E-learning, is it good or bad?

E

Is the Internet a good learning tool? Arguably web developers are just beginning to grasp the concept of compelling interactivity and they are definitely not teachers. From a development perspective, there is a critical need for teachers to be involved in deployment of an e-learning project right from the outset. With many web design firms cost cutting and downsizing many specialist roles have...

Hosting your website

H

Once your website is completed it will need to be hosted in order for people to be able to view it on the Internet. Website hosting companies have dedicated Internet computers which are designed especially for presenting webpages and to allow public viewing access in a way which is safe for everyone. What you should look for in a hosting provider is great response times, you may need to be able...

It’s a small world, in the new zealand internet market

I

On average in New Zealand 30% of small businesses, five or fewer employees, own a domain name or website. I wonder what the other 70% are doing. Considering that In New Zealand 84% of enterprises employ 5 or less full time equivalent staff, the development of the Internet marketplace must be highly underdeveloped. Particular industries such as professional services, tourism and hospitality have...

Great news for online store owners

G

Good news for online shop owners. New Zealanders significantly increased online credit card transactions by 95% in 2004, according to Visa. If you thought all of the $400 million in online Visa sales was going overseas then your wrong, with only 16% being consumer spending in overseas shops. The key to increased spending has been better security features. While also driving consumer spending...

Opportunities in competitive internet market

O

With growing competitiveness in the New Zealand Internet marketplace, more and more people are signing up to faster Internet. Businesses need to be aware that this market is growing rapidly and there are endless opportunities to reach new customers and open new revenue streams. Internet users now use more sophisticated Internet services and download a lot more at faster rates than ever before...

reaching the internet generation

r

Most business owners have now realized that the Internet is the searching and evaluating tool of choice of the younger generation. To reach this market they must develop a stronger internet presence. Many small businesses have made the first step and put some information on the Internet hoping that they will reach Internet users. However, it is common for this information to be left, and become...

Your Own Media Channel

Y

A website is a media channel for your business that is broadcasting 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week. Like any media channel the style and content of the medium influences your viewers and readers. The great aspect of this is that you are not renting space in someone elses publication like the local newspaper or television. A website is your publication under your complete control. You decide what...

Categories